Font Gen Short Description:
Creates bitmaps from TrueType fonts, supports all character sets.
Font Gen Long Description:
This tool is designed for creating bitmap fonts from TrueType fonts mostly used in games and multimedia software. It allows you to specify a character range or output only characters contained in given text. It automatically optimize character glyphs placement on output bitmaps to best utilize space and generate multiple bitmaps if necessary. You can also select the output dimensions for those bitmaps and force them to power of 2 if necessary.
The main key features are:
- Support for any TrueType font installed in Windows
- Support for any character set Unicode included
- Allows you to set the antialiasing method for selected font and it's size to achive the best look of generated characters
Specify a range of characters of give a text from which the output characters will be generated saving you space by excluding unneeded characters.
- Preview of generated characters
- Automatically detects if there are some characters missing in selected font before exporting bitmaps
- Allows you to specify margins to add some pixels on each side of character glyphs separately if your artists want to post process generated bitmaps and create colorful fonts with various effects applied on them (outlines, drop shadow etc.)
- Lets you specify the maximum bitmap size for the output and even force it to power of 2
- Creates multiple bitmaps if there are many characters that don't fit into single one.
- Font description is generated in easy to process XML format with all the informations needed to render character bitmaps in typographicaly correct meaning
- Kerning pairs and character offsets are saved in XML for exact placing of every character glyph
- A free demo version available at http://www.mp-software.eu/other.php with full feature set included. The only limitation is that it puts a checkboard texture on top of generated bitmaps