Benchmark Factory for Databases Freeware Short Description:
Database Performance and Scalability Testing for Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2
Benchmark Factory for Databases Freeware Long Description:
Benchmark Factory for Databases is a database performance and scalability testing tool for Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 UDB, Sybase ASE, MySQL, and other databases using ODBC connectivity that:
• Generates load against the database by replaying production workload, running user-defined SQL scripts or using out-of-the-box industry standard benchmarks (AS3AP, TPC-C TPC-B, TPC-D, Scalable Hardware).
• Simulates concurrent users running database transactions to uncover performance bottlenecks pre-production.
• Evaluates how database code such SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL scale under different concurrent user loads.
• Stress tests the database to determine the breaking point measuring scalability and performance.
• Compares performance test results enabling users to compare performance and scalability between database platforms, which is necessary during database migrations (SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g, etc.), database platform evaluations (Linux vs. Solaris vs. Win), and when deploying and tuning Oracle RAC.