Today, you probably won't read your Wire in a conventional way anymore. A digital form of this magazine is now available with the help of Wired iPad application. Viewing Wired on your iPad is a cool way to know the latest news in this magazine. Currently, this tablet is the first opportunity for Wired to present digital magazine. However, this application will also be available for other tablets or other devices soon.
The visual view is the result of yearlong effort of Wired team. The digitalization makes the magazine content looks more alive. Through the application, you can find interactive elements such as videos. For example, if you read a story about the making of Toy Story 3, you will not only find the explanation in words but also the video. You can watch directly how Pixar compile the frames to produce a high quality movie. To realize this amazing digital magazine, Wired uses digital publishing technology from Adobe. This application is the beginning of Wired digital magazine. Therefore, Wired team emphasized on better features in the upcoming months. Experimentation will be performed to know what the readers want and to meet novelty aspects. They even plan to integrate social media in the next few months.
What features you can get from this application? I have listed several features that you can enjoy when using Wired app:
1. Optimal viewing for both portrait and landscape mode. This technology enables you to view each page in a more convenient way.
2. To read your favorite content, you don't need to open each page. It is possible for you to navigate the magazine from the cover. You just need to touch the cover lines and directly go to the content that you wish.
3. Drop down table of content enables you to see the whole content easily.
4. Four editorial HD videos are embedded into the application. They are able to load automatically without a connection.
5. Music is inserted to make the editorial content looks more attractive.
With its rich features, no wonder that Wired has successfully sold 24,000 copies of this application in the first 24 hours since it was available at the Apple's iTunes store. If you are interested in getting this application, you can download it from the App Store or iTunes. The application itself is actually free but you have to pay for $3.99 if you wish to purchase single issues. If you subscribe the issues on an annual basis, you can save your money since you only need to pay %19.99 per year.