XEnc ActiveX XML Encryption Component Short Description:
XEnc is software component for XML Encryption using certificates.
XEnc ActiveX XML Encryption Component Long Description:
Lizard Labs XEnc is software component that provides a method to implement XML Encryption functionality in your applications. It comes in two editions: XEnc Lite ActiveX, for use in desktop and web based applications; and XEnc Lite for Firefox, XPCOM component for use in Firefox. Both of these components are meant to be used on the client side in web based applications in Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers
- Encrypting and decrypting XML documents according to W3C XML Encryption standard using X.509 Certificates
- XEnc is also available as XPCOM component for use in Mozilla Fire Fox.
- Compatible with Microsoft.Net, ASP.Net and many other XML encryption and decryption libraries
- XEnc is implemented on the Win32 platform and uses Microsofts standard API for cryptographic functions and XML processing
- Stand alone installation. No need for MS XML, CAPICOM and other components
- Compatible with Internet Explorer and Firefox on all Windows operation system including Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Implements the XML encryption standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
- API that allows application developer to control the encryption and decryption process
- Full support of Unicode characters
- Support for user certificate store to find X509 certificates, meaning that all devices including installed certificates on your computer, smart cards, and USB tokens, can be used to encrypt the documents
- Easy to use, yet powerful