TestStation Short Description:
Utility to capture the entire test session
TestStation Long Description:
TestStation is built around a simple concept: record everything that the QA person does while testing a software product. It automatically captures the test machine's screen just like a Cam recorder so the developer can see exactly what the QA person did. In addition it records all hardware and software specifications of the test machine as well as all processes and file activities during the test.
Key Features for Testers:
- Automate the tedious task of jotting down all machine and software specifications
- Automated capturing of the sequence of events leading to the error
- Automate capturing important tracing information such as application generated logs, event logs recorded from any sources, screen shots, registries, config files and etc.
- Automatically recording of all process and file activities on the test machine
- Attaching the entire test session as a single file using any bug tracking and defect management product
Key Feature for Developers:
- Eliminating guess works as to what actions, options or execution path the tester has taken bugs by watching the playback of the tester's sequence of actions just like a VCR
- Making it easier to reproduce bugs
- Making it easier to investigate and locate the cause of the bug by having access to all generated log files, registry keys, event logs from any source and trace information captured from the test machine.
- In-depth knowledge of the test machine environment including hardware and OS type, installed software, patches and service packs, running processes, installed peripherals and etc.
- No need to walk to the test machine to examine the bug
- No worries about whether any invaluable log files have been destroyed, overwritten or whether the test machine has been re-imaged
- Opening and viewing the entire recorded test session as attached as single-file using any bug tracking and defect management product
Other Software Products by REALCODE Development:
1) Visage Surveillance